Please read this story of a Jamaican student, Ramone A. Williamson, who is stranded in Malaysia as a a result of the coronavirus outbreak.
My name is Ramone, a young medical professional and an aspiring Pediatric oncologist currently enrolled in University in China. I am a member of a core research team that focuses on Osteosarcomas, Multiple Myeloma and the NK Cell-Based Immunotherapy and Tumor Immunology of various other cancers, where I have co-authored and published several scientific research papers in a number of peer-reviewed journals.
Towards the ending of January just before the Chinese New Year I left China for what should have been short travel to another Asian country. Within two days I learnt that there was an outbreak of a novel coronavirus in the Wuhan province. The worst was yet to come as three days later, the 2019-ncov had virtually spread to all provinces in China and resulted in a number of deaths.
At this point my programme coordinator had contacted me to inform me that based on the current epidemic and the worsening of the situation I could not return to China, and that I should extend my travel for a few more days until given notice to return.
A few days later I again attempted to return to China, but was informed that there were travel restrictions as well as a partial shutdown and that I was not allowed to return under any circumstances until notified to do so, failure to abide by the preventative measures implemented by the university and the provincial government would result in disciplinary action being taken.
Since then I have been stuck in a foreign country waiting and hoping each day that the situation will somehow get better and I would be allowed to return to China as I was unable to travel elsewhere due to travel bans imposed. Already having spent 28 days here with still no clear sign as to when I will be able to return, I again queried and was notified that classes will be conducted online and I should return home for the time being. Afterwards given the progress of the situation I can apply in advance to return, provinding that the outbreak is under control.
Please if able to donate to help me stay afloat until I can return home as well as help with travel expenses I would be grateful. I have depleted all my resources, and will now try traveling to Jamaica.
Thanks in advance. I appreciate your kind assistance.
If you wish to see some of my published research articles you may visit
HOW CAN YOU HELP RAMONE TODAY!
Donors with a US Currency Credit Card may donate immediately via Go-Fund-Me.